Definition of Float
- 1. The time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment Noun
- 2. The number of shares outstanding and available for trading by the public Noun
- 3. A drink with ice cream floating in it Noun
- 4. An elaborate display mounted on a platform carried by a truck (or pulled by a truck) in a procession or parade Noun
- 5. A hand tool with a flat face used for smoothing and finishing the surface of plaster or cement or stucco Noun
- 6. Something that floats on the surface of water Noun
- 7. An air-filled sac near the spinal column in many fishes that helps maintain buoyancy Noun
- 8. Be in motion due to some air or water current Verb
- 9. Be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom Verb
- 10. Set afloat Verb
- 11. Circulate or discuss tentatively; test the waters with Verb
- 12. Move lightly, as if suspended Verb
- 13. Put into the water Verb
- 14. Make the surface of level or smooth Verb
- 15. Allow (currencies) to fluctuate Verb
- 16. Convert from a fixed point notation to a floating point notation Verb
Synonyms for word "float"
Semanticaly linked words with "float"
Hyponims for word "float"