Definition of English
- 1. Of or relating to or characteristic of England or its culture or people Adjective
- 2. Of or relating to the English language Adjective
- 3. An Indo-European language belonging to the West Germanic branch; the official language of Britain and the United States and most of the commonwealth countries Noun
- 4. The people of England Noun
- 5. The discipline that studies the English language and literature Noun
- 6. (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist Noun
Synonyms for word "english"
Semanticaly linked words with "english"
Hyponims for word "english"