Definition of Captain
- 1. An officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant Noun
- 2. The naval officer in command of a military ship Noun
- 3. A policeman in charge of a precinct Noun
- 4. An officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship Noun
- 5. The leader of a group of people Noun
- 6. The pilot in charge of an airship Noun
- 7. A dining-room attendant who is in charge of the waiters and the seating of customers Noun
- 8. Be the captain of a sports team Verb
Synonyms for word "captain"
Semanticaly linked words with "captain"
Hyponims for word "captain"