Definition of Bolt
- 1. A discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder Noun
- 2. A sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech Noun
- 3. The part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key Noun
- 4. The act of moving with great haste Noun
- 5. A roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length Noun
- 6. A screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener Noun
- 7. A sudden abandonment (as from a political party) Noun
- 8. In a rigid manner Adverb
- 9. Directly Adverb
- 10. Move or jump suddenly Verb
- 11. Secure or lock with a bolt Verb
- 12. Swallow hastily Verb
- 13. Run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along Verb
- 14. Leave suddenly and as if in a hurry Verb
- 15. Eat hastily without proper chewing Verb
- 16. Make or roll into bolts Verb
Synonyms for word "bolt"
Semanticaly linked words with "bolt"
Hyponims for word "bolt"