Definition of Bitter
- 1. English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft) Noun
- 2. The taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth Noun
- 3. The property of having a harsh unpleasant taste Noun
- 4. Extremely and sharply Adverb
- 5. Marked by strong resentment or cynicism Adjective Satellite
- 6. Very difficult to accept or bear Adjective Satellite
- 7. Harsh or corrosive in tone Adjective Satellite
- 8. Expressive of severe grief or regret Adjective Satellite
- 9. Proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity Adjective Satellite
- 10. Causing a sharp and acrid taste experience Adjective Satellite
- 11. Causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold Adjective Satellite
- 12. Make bitter Verb
Synonyms for word "bitter"
Semanticaly linked words with "bitter"
Hyponims for word "bitter"