Definition of Average
- 1. A statistic describing the location of a distribution Noun
- 2. (sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities Noun
- 3. An intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual Noun
- 4. Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value Adjective Satellite
- 5. Lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered Adjective Satellite
- 6. Lacking exceptional quality or ability Adjective Satellite
- 7. Around the middle of a scale of evaluation Adjective Satellite
- 8. Relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution Adjective Satellite
- 9. Relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values) Adjective Satellite
- 10. Amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain Verb
- 11. Achieve or reach on average Verb
- 12. Compute the average of Verb
Synonyms for word "average"
Semanticaly linked words with "average"
Hyponims for word "average"