Definition of Antecedent
- 1. Preceding in time or order Adjective
- 2. Someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent) Noun
- 3. A preceding occurrence or cause or event Noun
- 4. Anything that precedes something similar in time Noun
- 5. The referent of an anaphor; a phrase or clause that is referred to by an anaphoric pronoun Noun
Synonyms for word "antecedent"
Semanticaly linked words with "antecedent"
Hyponims for word "antecedent"
Antonyms to adjective "antecedent"